Updated: Jan 19, 2020
The best advice for German cockroach control is practice good sanitation. To prevent an infestation, food should not be left out, and food debris should be cleaned up in areas where you eat immediately. Roaches are normally found in kitchens, dining rooms, and family rooms, but can be found in any area there is a food source present. Once you have an infestation step should be taken immediately to eliminate activity. These steps include improving sanitation and contacting a pest control company that specializes in roach control (YIKES! Pest Control 812-604-7206)
Here are a few facts about German Roaches.
1. German cockroaches predate humans by more than 300 million years.
2. German cockroaches are attracted to the warmth and shelter of electronics. They have been known
to damage televisions and computers.
3. They are nocturnal.
4. Cockroaches are recognized as a major cause of asthma.
5. German cockroaches can cause illness due to cross contamination. The same roach that goes into the trash for food will also crawl on the fresh fruit, or bread laying on the counter. This puts you at risk for salmonella and several other illnesses.
6. They are ½” in length, Pale brown, and have two dark stripes.
7. They are found indoors, in warm moist areas. German cockroaches prefer crevices near a food source.
8. Egg capsules are carried by female German roaches up until two days before hatching. Female roaches drop the capsules in sheltered areas away from other activity.
9. The average incubation period of eggs is 28 days, but it can take up to 200 days for eggs to hatch.
10. Each egg capsule contains 40+ eggs and they can have up to 6 generations per year.
11. Baits are more effective on males, and less so on females. Females eat less while carrying egg capsules
12. Modern German cockroaches need human structures to survive.
13. German roach egg capsules are not susceptible to insecticides.
14. Over time German roaches develop a resistance to many insecticides. They also avoid many insecticides.
If you have any issues or concerns about German roaches contact YIKES! Pest Control @ 812-604-7206 or click the contact us button on www.YIKESPEST.com.
Yikes Pest Control
Evansville, Newburgh, Posey County