6 Ways to Help Prevent Pests in Your Evansville Home This Winter
Wintertime is fast approaching, and that means so are winter pests. As the weather outside gets colder, pests look for any opportunity to get into your warm home. But don't worry, there are some things you can do to help prevent pests from taking over your home this winter.
Top ways to prevent unwanted pests from entering your Evansville, Indiana home.
1. Inspect your home for cracks or openings where pests can enter. Seal up any cracks in your foundation and caulk around windows and doors.
2. Keep your kitchen clean and free of crumbs and food debris. Wipe down counters, sweep floors, and empty trash cans regularly. Storage areas should also be kept clean and clutter-free.
3. Check utility lines, where utility lines enter your home is an easy entry point for pests to enter as well.
4. Take out the garbage regularly and store garbage cans away from your home. Pests are attracted to garbage and will rummage through it for food scraps.
5. Remove any sources of standing water from around your home. Pests need water to survive, so eliminating sources of standing water will help deter them from setting up camp near your home.
6. Keep trees and shrubs trimmed away from your house. Trees and shrubs provide hiding places for pests, so trimming them back will help reduce the number of places they can hide near your home.
Yikes Pest Control
By following these simple tips, you can help prevent pests from taking over your home this winter. But sometimes no matter how hard you try, pests can still find their way inside. If you find yourself with a pest problem this winter, call Yikes Pest Control for all your pest needs! We're a Veteran-owned business that specializes in residential and commercial pest control services, so we know how to handle even the toughest infestations. Call us today at 812-604-7206 to schedule a free quote!